You may remember that a few years ago, when you arrived in Brazil, Black Friday was synonymous with huge queues. We have seen people camp out outside stores to buy what they want and even “fight” (even get into physical confrontations) over the most discounted items.
Fortunately, with the growing presence of electronic commerce in the lives of Brazilians, this scenario has changed. Today, with just a few taps on a mobile phone, customers can find the products they’ve been dreaming of, at great prices, without ever leaving their couch at home.
According to the Black Friday 2022 Study: Consumer Thermometer, e-commerce sales on Black Friday 2021 increased by 5% compared to the previous year, reaching R$ 4.2 billion in revenue, and the trend is to continue increasing in 2022.
With this increased interest from Brazilians, retailers can only win by investing in their Black Friday-focused online campaigns. The date is seen as an excellent opportunity for virtual stores to increase their online sales and start building strong relationships with their customers.
But to help further increase online sales during Black Friday, I’ve rounded up five tips I consider essential for online retailing nationwide:
- Get Ready Early: To meet consumer demands and needs and avoid dissatisfaction (or even loss of customers), online stores need to be up and running with all their operations (marketing, logistics, delivery services, customer support) up and running. the best possible. According to research from the Claim HERE Institute, it’s easy to persuade online shoppers to abandon their shopping cart if they’re dissatisfied, for example, with costs, delivery times, or a complicated login. Therefore, the sooner companies start planning Black Friday campaigns, the better prepared their operations will be on that date and, consequently, the better results they will obtain.
- Build your Customer Base: A recent PWC Customer Loyalty Survey 2022 indicates that most people would gladly share their personal data for a better consumer experience. Based on this and knowing that collecting basic data (mobile phones), with the consent of users and respecting the GDPR, can help virtual stores build their customer bases, Black Friday can become more than just a day. to drive sales. The occasion can be used so that more customers know the brand and make their information available. The retailer can then start reaching out to them on a regular basis, offering incentives to buy their products frequently, building a strong relationship and converting them into loyal customers.
- Bet on Multichannel Marketing: As the Adyen Retail Report 2021 shows, multichannel marketing is the latest trend in Brazil. People tend to shop online, but not before visiting stores to see, touch, and feel the products. For this reason, it is very important that online stores try to reach their audience through various channels, such as SMS, Rich Communication Services (RCS), push notifications and WhatsApp, to ensure that the right customer is reached in an ideal way. weather. These tools show great potential when it comes to targeting consumers, as a multi-channel strategy, supported by our mobile marketing automation platform, will ensure superior results and reach more people.
- Outsmarting Other Retailers: It seems harder than ever to get a customer’s attention. Deloitte’s Global Marketing Trends for 2021 reveals that users currently receive between 400 and 10,000 marketing communications per day. Therefore, to be affected, it is necessary to choose short, rich and relevant information. This is easy to do with the help of channels like RCS, which help move messages from virtual stores to avoid more “cluttered” media such as emails.
- Extended Promotion Period: As highlighted in our All In Black Friday 2021 report, many customers are taking advantage of the entire month of November to do their end-of-year shopping. Knowing this, why limit yourself to one date? If you are planning, take advantage of the dates with the best price and attract more consumers.
Black Friday deals and campaigns are opportunities not only for their short-term benefits, but also for an excellent branding and marketing exercise that can help businesses start building lasting relationships and bonds with their customers. This means that they can be a great asset for virtual stores that invest in multi-channel online campaigns.